Gender- and genre-bending

The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice on First-Year Maintenance (Owner's and Instruction Manual)

Baby. Owner's Manual. Operating Instructions, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice on First-Year Maintenance - Joe Borgenicht, Louis Borgenicht This seems like a silly joke book at first, but it's actually useful. I think most people who said it was 'awful' or 'unhelpful' either don't have a sense of humor or completely missed the point. I'm not sure what people are looking for in baby books, but this one has pretty much all the basics: how to hold, how to bathe, how to swaddle, feed, etc. If new parents are looking for something deeper like 'how to make baby a highly moral being' or 'how to teach my baby to read in five languages before the age of one', then yeah, this book is probably not going to be helpful. Moreover, this is the first baby book that actually gave me any confidence that I can take care of the child by putting everything in very straightforward terms and giving simple instructions. For some reason, I find this highly objective language quite reassuring. And yes, the book also pretty funny.

Nina Here Nor There: My Journey Beyond Gender
Nick Krieger
La Délicatesse (Folio) (French Edition)
David Foenkinos